Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter x mini-book (included)
- Letter x worksheets (included)
- Not a box activities (included)
- X-lesson plan activities (included)
- Hattie and the Fox activities/worksheet (included)
- Opinion Writing Prompts (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter X
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read Hattie and the Fox and do a Reader’s Theater acting it out together. There are also worksheets included for this story as well.
- Read Not a Box, and any of the box books. Compare/contrast to books. Create things out of boxes and/or do the Not A Box activity book (included)
Writing Center Ideas:
- Focus on opinion writing (there is a Dr. Seuss Opinion writing prompt in the Dr. Seuss folder)
- Discuss what opinion writing is, and giving examples of why you have your opinion. An opinion I something that you think, feel or believe. Give two or more reasons/details why you believe what you think.
- Do the Opinion Writing Prompts (included)
- Make x-rays using q-tips as bones against black construction paper. Another way you can do this is using white paint on black paper
- Do you have a music room with xylophones? Perhaps you can find a xylophone to have the students play.
- Adopt some x-ray fish