Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter W mini-book (included)
- Letter W worksheets (included)
- Letter W activity pack (included)
- Rosie’s Walk activity pack (included)
- Diary of a worm activities (included)
- I went Walking activities (included)
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read Rosie’s Walk: This is a good time to introduce/reinforce prepositions. Rosie walks across the farm, over the haystack, etc. You can act out kinesthetically. You can also Play Simon Says at their desks… Simon says go under… next to… in front of… etc.
- Read “I went walking” and then you can sing the book to “Are you sleeping, Brother John” tune. Do the I went walking activities, included
Writing Center Ideas:
- Read Diary of a Worm and talk about what a diary is. Journal each day, creating a diary for a week. This can either be a personal diary, or a diary of a worm. This is a good book to discuss real vs. fantasy.
- Get some fake worms (used for fishing) and have the student write words with them.
- Eat watermelon
- Learn about the weather