Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter R mini-book (included)
- Letter R worksheets (included)
- Do you want to make a robot? (included)
- Little Red Riding Hood Reading Comprehension (included)
- Pirate Rrr game (included)
- Randy Riley’s lesson/activity pack (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter R
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Little Red Riding Hood Reader’s Theater! (included)
Writing Center Ideas:
- Continue to work on building sentences –stressing that sentences begin with a capital letter and end with punctuation also, watch for proper spacing in between words.
- Start to work with/continue to work with the students on Plot and Setting. What is the problem in the story? Where does the story take place?
- Play Red Light, Green Light
- Make a Reindeer or a rabbit craft
- Eat raisins as a snack –OR, use raisins to make an R/glue raisins in the shape of an R.
- Make rice pictures… color rice with permanent marker and then have the students glue them onto a piece of paper, making a pretty picture..(of a rainbow!)
- Make rubbings of leaves, or coins, or other familiar objects…(maybe even of the letter R).
- Make a toilet paper rocket ship (or rabbit or racecar).
- Make Pet Rocks
- Play red rover, red rover
- Rubber Band Peg Boards –Making Letters and Shapes or Patterns
- Use a ruler to measure things
- Sing Row Row Row your boat
- Make a list of letter R words with the students
- Learn about rainbows. Rainbow write names. Draw Rainbows.
- Learn about rhymes and match rhyming words