Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter E mini-book (included)
- Letter E worksheets (included)
- Short e word family cvc books
- CVC mini books for short e (included)
- CVC workbook (This is for all the vowel letter sounds a-e, long and short (included)
- Letter E Lesson Packet with Elmer the Elephant
- Play the Train Engine Sight Word Game (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter E
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- This week is a good week to compare and contrast stories. Elmer the Elephant and Edward the Emu have a lot of common (and are very different!) Make a Venn diagram after reading the stories and compare/contrast the characters.
- Read Elephants cannot dance and have a “Simon Says” sort of lesson where Piggie teaches Dance to everyone in the class.
- Read the Little Engine that Could and talk about trying to meet a goal, being brave and believing in yourself.
Writing Center Ideas:
- Continue working on drawing/labeling/stretching out words when writing.
- Focus on capitalization and end punctuation.
- After reading the Little Engine that Could, do the writing prompts/activities (included) that talk about what goals each student want to achieve.
- You could do an egg drop! Either use plastic eggs, or a real egg (hard boiled or not!), and see if the kids can set up a box where you can drop into the box w/o the egg breaking. Scary and hard but fun!
- Make a colorful Elmer the Elephant Craft
- Make a list of letter E words
- Place an egg in vinegar for a few days and its shell will dissolve! Good science experiment