Literacy Center Ideas:
- Th Digraph Pack (included)
- Th Minibook (included)
- Thunder Cake Activities (included)
- Fairy Tale Writing Prompts
- Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb activities (included)
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read The Little Engine that Could and talk about the power of positive thinking and working hard and being courageous. Talk about times when the students did something they did not think they could do, like finishing Kindergarten or learning to read.
- This is a good week to make connections between real life and the books we read – especially with the books The Little Engine the Could and Thunder Cake.
Writing Center Ideas:
- There are many great writing ideas. You can write about what you think you can do (after reading the Little Engine that Could) or you could creative write about the things you can think following the Dr. Seuss book. Lastly, you could write about what you do in a Thunderstorm, after you read Thunder Cake.
- Make a Thunder Cake (recipe found in the book)
- Make a band using your hand, hand, fingers, thumb.