Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter I mini-book (included)
- Letter I worksheets (included)
- Ice Cream Alphabet Match Game (included)
- Ice Cream Beginning Sound Game (included)
- Finish the sentence with magazines
- Playdough Sight Word mats (included)
- Alphabet Sight Word Mats (included)
- I wanna Iguana activities (included)
- Imogene’s Antler’s activities (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter i
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read I wanna Iguana and talk then do discuss convincing someone else you want a pet. It is like convincing someone you want a toy. Come up with reasons why you want a pet and what you will do to help if you had a pet. …or maybe what you would do to earn a pet. You can diagram this out. You can do a writing prompt (included) trying to convince someone you want a pet (or a toy) etc.
- Read Inside, Outside, Upside Down: This is a good time to introduce prepositions…the bear is inside, outside, upside down! You can act out kinesthetically to show when you are in, out, on, below, etc…
- Play Simon Says at their desks… Simon says go under… next to… in front of… etc.
Writing Center Ideas:
- Continue working on drawing/labeling/stretching out words when writing! Do the I Want an Iguana Writing Prompt, included
- Practice Handwriting worksheets included –or use the sight word worksheets for handwriting practice…
- Imogene’s Antlers Writing Prompt (included)
- Make a list of letter i words
- Build an igloo with sugar cubes. After building it, work on prepositional words by placing things in, on, behind, beside, next to, in front of, etc
- Make ice paint and paint with it. Fill an ice cute tray with water and food coloring. Add popsicle sticks so that you have an ice paint popsicle. Paint with them! As the ice melts, you’ll have a pretty picture!
- Ice skate in the classroom! Take off your shoes and twirl and slide around. Put laminated paper underneath…are you faster? Is it harder? Put waxed paper underneath…are you faster, is it harder? Do a science experiment