Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter F mini-book (included)
- Letter F worksheets (included)
- Make a Friends book (included)
- Play Beginning Sound Go Fish (included)
- Beginning Sound Letter F cut/paste frog (included)
- Do the Farfallina and Marcell Book (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter F
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read Farfallina and Marce For the Comprehension concept, focus on plot. What happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- Do the Farfallina and Marcell book (included) –which includes activities on writing about the beginning/middle/end
- Read books about friends and discuss friendship
- Read the Doctor Seuss books and compare/contrast them.
Writing Center Ideas:
- Continue practicing writing sentences –focusing on beginning with a capital letter and ending with punctuation. While working on plot/beginning/middle/end, have the students write out what happened in the beginning/middle/end of the Farfallina and Marcel book. They can use the prompts in the included activity pack. Then, they can piece together their 3 sentences to form a paragraph of what happened in the book!
- Make a fruit loops necklace for a friend.
- Glue Fruit loops or fish crackers to the letter F
- Finger paint
- Have the students make their own flag –what would be on their flag and why?
- Face paint
- Make a list of letter F words
- Read the Foot Book by Dr. Seuss., Measure your foot using different things…cubes, string
- Play FrogFling! Throw Frogs across the room… take turns throwing little frogs across the room and see who can throw the frog the farthest.