Letter D Craft: Dragon Paper Plate – Materials
What you’ll need to make the D is for dragon paper plate craft for each child:
1 paper plate
2 googly eyes
1 orange balloon
1 yellow balloon
Letter D: Dragon Paper Plate Directions
Before giving this craft to the kids to make, you’ll want to cut out the dragon’s body and wings in advance.
- Draw a circle for the body, and add an upside down, rounded triangle on top for the head in the center of the paper plate.
- Cut out the shape from the middle of the paper plate.
- Draw wings on the remaining pieces of paper plate and cut them out. The project is now ready for kids.
- Let the kids color the dragon body and wings green (or whatever other color they want) using crayons, markers, or paint.
- Pierce the bottom of the orange and yellow balloons with the brad, and stick it through the dragon’s mouth to make it look like the dragon is blowing fire.
- Glue the wings to the back of the dragon.
- Glue two googly eyes to the dragon’s face to finish the craft.
If you like, add a Popsicle stick to the bottom of the dragon to transform it into a puppet. You can also cover the dragon with letter D’s for even more hands-on educational fun.